DISTRICT BELIEFS, VISION, MISSION AND GOALS
Adopted February 22, 2010
WE BELIEVE …
STUDENTS AND LEARNING
- all students can learn.
- students need a sense of belonging in a safe, secure, learning environment.
- education should prepare all students for college or careers.
- all students should have equitable opportunities and be challenged, recognizing their different learning styles.
- students learn through participation in activities.
- staff focus on and be accountable for student learning.
haveschool pride and commitment.
- staff are a positive influence, have integrity and be trustworthy.
- staff make learning relevant and develop positive relationships with students.
arecommitted to life-long learning.
SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITY
- schools should be fiscally responsible.
- the community will provide resources needed for quality education.
- schools and community that have a positive collaborative partnership will lead to successful students.
schoolwill be the center of the community and reflect community values.
THE VISION OF MARENGO CHSD 154 IS:
- to become a model learning community.
- for all taxing bodies will work together to meet the needs of the community.
- to be recognized for financial, academic, and extra-curricular excellence.
- to be recognized for having outstanding teaching and support staff.
- for all students will
- be able to think critically and solve real-world problems
- be drug-free and gang-free
- be technologically literate
- exhibit strong literacy skills
- exceed college entrance expectations
- be confident, motivated and successful
- have the knowledge and skills to be productive members of the society
- see relevancy in their learning
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
- Goal 1: Increase student achievement for ALL students.
- Goal 2: Continue to provide a comprehensive high school program.
- Goal 3: Remain fiscally responsible while achieving our goals.
- Goal 4: Continue and enhance the positive relationships with the communities of District 154.